- School Info
EXPECTED STUDENT BEHAVIOR
Vista del Mar Middle School is proud of its students and their behavior. High standards are set for the students both academically and behaviorally. In order to attain these high standards, students are expected to show respect toward one another and all adults, thus creating a positive learning environment. The following is intended to encourage all students to behave in such a manner that they will be a credit to themselves, their parents, and Vista del Mar Middle School.
Student Expectations Are:
- To regularly attend school and be punctual
- To obey all staff and respect others and their school
- To be prepared for class with appropriate materials including pencils, paper, and textbooks
- To refrain from defacing, damaging or destroying school property.
- To abstain from gambling, smoking, spitting, drugs, use of profane or vulgar language or behavior and/or the use of threats or intimidations
- To refrain from acts which interfere with the private lives of employees whereby an employee or family is harassed or property is threatened or damaged
General Campus Rules:
- Dress Code must be followed at all times
- Games which could be physically dangerous are prohibited. Examples: acrobatics, tumbling, tackle football, wrestling, red rover, tag, and play fighting
- Cell phones must be turned off and out of sight during school hours
- Radios, cameras, MP3 players, tape players, CD players, electronic games, laser pens, toys, and pagers are not allowed at school. (Note: VDMMS is not responsible for lost or damaged items that a student has brought from home.)
- Balloons, rubber bands, water pistols, and other toys are not allowed at school.
- Glass bottles are not allowed at school.
- Bicycles only are permitted to be ridden to school. Skateboards, rollerblades, razors, or motorized scooters are not allowed on campus at anytime.
- Throwing objects (pencils, rocks, water bottles, food, etc.) is forbidden
- Knives, guns, weapons (including toy versions of these objects), or dangerous objects of any kind are not allowed.
Lunch Time Behavior:
- Walk to the lunch area
- Come prepared with lunch money or have a lunch account
- Politely wait your turn in line
- Place all trash in containers
- On rainy days, students may eat in the multipurpose room.
- Students are not allowed in the following areas:
- Bike rack area, Parking lots, Front of school, Outside perimeters of school, Behind buildings, Near Classrooms, Fire Lane, Elementary Side
- Students are to eat only at the lunch tables and throw away all trash
- No food permitted beyond lunch areas
- Demonstrate courtesy and thoughtfulness for others
- Follow all instructions given by the Lunch Supervisors
What Can I Do When I Finish Eating?
- Visit with friends along in the shaded areas along the blacktop and lunch areas
- Play basketball and other ball games with appropriate school equipment
- Go to the library
- Participate in school spirit activities organized by A.S.B.
- Read or do homework in the lunch areas