7:30 - 3:45 Mon. - Fri.
Occasionally, the library may be closed due to various functions.
The Orange County Public Library offers many resources for students. They have a fantastic list of databases that allows students to conduct research from any computer with internet access. Databases allows students to find e-reference books, magazine & newspaper articles, videos, pictures, primary sources and more. If students need help using these resources, stop by the library and I will be more than happy to help out.
WELCOME TO VDMMS LIBRARY
Our library is available for students to work on their own, as well as with their classes. The library is open each morning at 7:30 am, during break and lunches, and after school until 3:45 pm. Students are able to research using the computers, library books, and reference books. Textbooks for each class are available to borrow while in the library or the online textbook can be utilized.
- Students may use the library for reading, working on homework, research, and computer use.
- Computer use if for school related purposes only.
- The student I.D. card is used as a library card for checking out books.
- Replacement I.D. cards are $5.00 cash.
- Books may be checked out for a two-week period. A book may be renewed once if no one has reserved it.
- A pass is required from your teacher during class periods.
- Students are required to pay for lost or damaged library materials promptly.
- Students who are disruptive or not following the rules will be asked to leave the library.
- Gum, food, beverages and cell phones are never permitted in the library
- Limited printing services available. Homework and study guides should be printed at home.
You can now search the library's catalog through our new system, Destiny!
For reading ideas or to see what's new, please take a look at the readbox poster in the library. New books will be displayed on the "New Books Black Book Cart".
Need help citing your sources?
My personal favorite go-to website is EasyBib. It's super easy to use, but if you need help I will be more than happy to help show you how to use this excellent resource.
Another excellent resource for you is the Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL).